Dive Rite began manufacturing backplates for the public in 1984 and pioneered 11-inch on center bolt spacing creating an industry standard that is still followed today. Northeastern wreck divers adapted the concept and began using a stainless steel backplate; at six pounds in weight, it is ideal to counterbalance buoyancy characteristics of thick drysuit exposure protection. Eleven-inch on center holes accommodate standard double tank bolt kits. Holes along the perimeter of the plate allow for mounting lights, pony bottles, lift bags and other accessories. One-inch and 2-inch slots permit diver’s choice of crotch straps. Two 3/8-inch slots along the bottom are designed to fit screws for attaching lift bag sleeves, sidemount butt plates or other accessories. Two-inch slots along the center allow single-tank divers to use cam straps without a single tank adaptor. Grade 304 stainless steel is passivated, which prevents oxidation.
- 5.5 lbs (2.5kg)
- 11-inch on center holes accomodate standard bolt kits
- Two 3/8 slots along the bottom are designed to fit assembly screws for attaching accessories.
- Center slots accommodate cam straps without a single tank adaptor
- One-inch and 2-inch slots permit diver’s choice of crotch strap
- Perimeter holes for mounting lights, pony bottles and lift bags
- All edges are smooth and rounded to eliminate sharp edges and prevent abrasion to harness webbing.