The TDI Intro to Tech course is the perfect course for divers who have heard about technical diving and want to find out more about this exciting branch of advanced recreational diving. We strongly recommend this course to divers who have not dived in twin tanks and are considering enrolment into the Advanced Nitrox or Decompression Procedures courses.
This course walks students through the special techniques, planning procedures and skills that set technical diving apart from traditional sport diving. It will show them how to improve their dive planning methods, in-water skills and streamline their existing gear configuration, in a non-threatening and fun learning environment. The specific skills this course will highlight are:
- Advanced Buoyancy Control
- Use of twin tanks including drills
- Gas Management
- Situational Awareness
- Gear Configuration and Selection
- Many More!
TDI’s Intro to Tech course is a useful stand-alone course for the diver who wants to become a more skilled, more proficient diver regardless of if he intends to move on to technical diving. The course may also be used as an introduction to the TDI Advanced Nitrox course and the TDI Decompression Procedures course. And finally, it is also a good refresher for certified technical divers who may want to refresh their skills or have them re-evaluated by a TDI technical instructor.
1. Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
2. Minimum certification an SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent
3. Provide proof of 25 logged open water dives
Open Water Execution
1. A minimum of 3 dives must be conducted; All dives must be conducted at depths within the diver’s current level of certification but no dives should exceed 23 metres
2. If the TDI Intro to Tech is taught in conjunction with Advanced Nitrox, only a total of 4 dives are required; more may be conducted at the discretion of the instructor
$650 – Includes rental equipment for the duration of the course, manual, TDI Certification & all dives